Sunday, November 13, 2011

Antioxidant Fruit Salad

So, as the weather has turned... or is in the process of doing so, I have become somewhat 'under the weather'. :( Boo. While watching some wildly exciting cupcake throwdown yesterday on the food network, Nigella came on a commercial and shared this recipe with me...

Antioxidant Fruit Salad



Need:
2 mangoes
1 pomegranate
1 cup blueberries (I bought them frozen and got twice as much for the same price... they have to travel a long way to be anything near fresh this time of year anyway!)
the juice of 1 lime

I cut the mangoes straight down the side of the pit... and then manually eat the flesh off the pit, of course. :) (Kind of like licking the spoon.) I then take the halves of the mangoes and make a grid with my knife. Turn the skin inside out and cut the diced pieces right into your bowl.

Cut the pomegrante in half at the 'equator' (don't cut from top to bottom, but right across the middle) then take a wooden spoon and whack the back of the pomegrante half over your bowl. The seeds will rain down over your mangoes beautifully!

Add in your cup of blueberries.

Juice your lime over all your fruit. 

Mix well.

Chill.

Enjoy!

I'm hoping these antioxidants team up with all the zinc, vitamin C, and Cold Snap I've been consuming to kick this nasty bug out of my system!!



No comments:

Post a Comment