Wednesday, January 9, 2013

KickStart TwentyThirteen!


I've noticed my foggy-brain and lethargy have been in full-throttle these past few weeks. I know in some aspects, there are reasons only applicable to my own system for these symptoms... but how many others feel this way? With resolutions so readily praised this time of year, I decided to come up with a few for myself. I am eager to start this year off right. I want to get a lot out of it, therefore I'm ready to put a lot into it! I spent a good portion of my day hunting down the ingredients for the three day detox I am adapting from Hungry For Change


Hopefully the roomies don't mind my taking up most of the fridge! You can see my celery sticks on the top shelf. Just below that and to the right a bit is what I'm looking forward to most: the chia seed pudding! Keeping on in our clockwise fashion you see my 9x13 full of fresh washed produce (it's sitting on top of the slices of cucumbers and carrots to go with the celery). And last, but certainly not least, way too much parsley and not enough kale. Next time perhaps.

This detox has three days worth of meals planned out for you. They are set up to not only chase the toxins out of your body, but also re-alkalizing your body. This is important during the cleansing process because it keeps bad bacteria, yeast, and fungi in check, which, in turn, helps keep cravings at bay.I am so excited to get back on track! After going to three different stores, I still missed sprouts, cilantro, and just plain need more kale. I suggest re-reading through the plan before you go through your grocery list just to help you understand the quantities better. I spent a total of $57, but didn't have any of the items that are most expensive and actually call for the smallest amount. 

I didn't want to be that crazy lady who breaks her phone out and tweets or facebooks her grocery list... but still wanted to share how pretty it all looked together!  Small lemons were on sale 3/$1 so I bought 9 of them instead of 6 regular sized ones for $6. 



I picked this guy up too... mostly out of curiosity, so that adds $2.50 to my bill.
As you read through the plan, you'll see it instructs you to soak or 'activate' the nuts you've purchased. Simply stated, this is to aid digestion. The more complex story, this is to imitate nature's set up to break down the nut. Nuts, grains, and seeds survive in their state as nuts until proper growing conditions present themselves. Until those conditions are present, the nut defends itself with nutritional inhibitors and toxic substances - when we soak or 'activate' the nut, we are creating an environment for the nut to germinate to produce a plant, thus eliminating the protective nutritional inhibitors and toxic substances. 

Now that I know how important it is, I'm soaking my nuts.
I added about a half cup of apple cider vinegar while washing my produce. This eliminates as much of the bacteria and grime as possible without adding unwanted chemicals.
I'll be making the soup tonight and starting the whole process TOMORROW. :)

Let's do this! 
Happy detoxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment