Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Easiest GF Pancake... EVER

Good Morning!!

I don't know about you, but I woke up HUNGRY.

Now, what I'm about to share with you is likely to change you life... or at least your breakfast... FOREVER.

My best friend is really who deserves the credit for these. She and I lived together many moons ago in the great city of Des Moines and both learned so much about flavors and nutrition and the differences of each person's needs - this simple breakfast was one of the many great findings from that season!

I will tell you that these are extremely versatile. Anything you're craving can be incorporated... pretty much.

You will need:

1 cup oats (I prefer thick cut, but quick cooking would make the pancakes softer and more traditional in their texture)
1 egg
1 splash OJ (I base this on how much egg white is in the egg - just try to make the dough as close to the density of your favorite pancakes!)

I always add:
cinnamon
fresh grated nutmeg
fresh grated ginger

You could also incorporate:
pumpkin
berries
apples
bananas
chia seeds
the limits are endless!


Mix together oats, egg, OJ, and seasonings in a bowl.
(This batch I added pumpkin to my dough.)

Pour into hot skillet with either butter or coconut oil to ensure it doesn't stick!
Once the edges begin to bubble, you're good to flip it.

When your second side bubbles, flip it once to see that it's cooked all the way through (remember, we're working with raw eggs here...)
Plate with honey, fruit, and anything else you desire... and ENJOY!!
A nice cuppa and some beautiful flowers are always a nice addition as well.

Let me know how YOU prefer your delicious pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment