Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."- William Woodsworth

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."- William Woodsworth

Some days it takes everything in me to get out of my head and focus on the task at hand. The craziest part to me though is that then those days end with moments like this where all I want to do is pour my heart out into words... but I can't get to them! It's like they're all on a mad dash in different directions, running as fast and as far as they can. Maybe they have no desire to be tamed either. Maybe they know better than to let me catch them and put them on this paper for the world to see... maybe, just maybe, my subconscious is smarter than I think! 


It's hard to focus when all you want to do is be out in the big beautiful world. 



Exploring. 
Meeting new people. 
Actually getting to know the people you've already met. 



How did we get to this point? We've got so much vying for our time and attention that we don't even know where to start. Most of the time that doesn't seem to matter much anyway because our time's already been spoken for. 



I want to spend my time doing things that are meaningful. I don't mean to say that my 8-5 isn't meaningful, not by any means. I have an incredible team that I work with and I'm able to connect with those individuals because of the role I have and it's excellent. I mean, I want to be so intentional with my time that even my sillies don't get overlooked or forgotten. I think I've just allowed myself to be so calloused lately that everything's become routine. I've hardened my heart to avoid feeling that I've just become some dumb robot! 



Working on it. 



The other part of me is actively loving myself and embracing the silly little fool that I am. 



My goal is to write every other day - three to four times a week. I want to literally fill papers with the breathings of my heart. I want to document the crazy inner-workings of my heart and my mind. I want the truth to be seen and known by all those who encounter me. 



From the depths of your bones
to the smile shining across your face,
you are your own person.
Let it be known.



No comments:

Post a Comment