Sunday, June 21, 2009

brief update!

Just FYI: This will be short as it's already past my bedtime, but my dear Aunt, Lisa, kindly reminded me today that my blog needs a little more attention. She's right. My theory as to why I've avoided/neglected it for a while is 
A) I have this idea that I can only write the wonderful things that are happening here in SwitzeFrance and the incredible things God's teaching me... when honestly, it's really been a hard, difficult, challenging month. I will do my very best to keep myself honest on here, without completely pouring my heart out on the world-wide-web. 
B) There aren't enough hours in the day!!! Haha. But isn't that the case in every season of life?
God's ever faithful. He's been teaching me and stretching me. He's blessed me with this completely beautiful, amazingly wonderful church (http://www.crossroadschurch.fr/). As a matter of fact, tomorrow night I'll participate in a small group going through Blue Like Jazz, one of my very favorite books! :)



Yesterday I enjoyed a solo train trip to Zermatt, home of the Matterhorn. The Matterhorn is a beautiful and unique mountain, quite possibly the biggest tourist attraction in Switzerland. Unfortunately, the Matterhorn hid behind a cloud ALL day long. I guess I'll just have to go back!

To the right is a photo of me in Sion, a town on the way to Zermatt. In the background is Château de Valère. It's where I had intended to end up, but instead I found myself in the Basilique de Valère, a Catholic cathedral. Apparently, it's home to the oldest functioning organ in the world - from the 14th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment