Tuesday, May 11, 2010

...give room for good things to run wild.

Ah, well, I've been enjoying my time here at home thoroughly. :) HOWEVER, I'm also looking forward to the next step and how everything will be coming together. Most everything's still all up in the air, but I know I'll be in good company and that's most important.

I've been talking to the girls I'll be living with this fall and I can't tell you how excited I am to be blessed by them EVERYDAY! Both of them have been my roommates before... and let's be honest, if we're willing to be roomies again, it must have gone well the first time!

I've been thinking lately about how funny life is and how things never really are how they seem. There are curveballs and bumps in the road, but there are also these crazy, tremendous bounties of joy and wonder... it's all quite exciting if you sit back and think about it!
(Sorry, crazy tangents -- I'm all over the place! I can't quite collect my thoughts at the moment!)

I've been doing what I do best - daydreaming. I've been looking for a church where I'll be next fall. In the midst of my search, I came across this incredible quote: “…the more I considered Christianity, the more I found that while it had established a rule and order, the chief aim of that order was to give room for good things to run wild.” - G. K. Chesterton. Oh, how I love the thought of that. Perhap's it's just the placement of the words... but, honestly, how true?! What kind of freedom doesn't have 'rules and order'? Boundaries? Limits? Anywho, somedays I just like sitting and pondering about freedom and adventures and wild things. :) You can join me. It's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment