Thursday, May 6, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME.

Home Sweet Home.

It's so good to be home. There's so much to it though! Like an onion... layers and layers of emotions and thoughts. I suppose that's mostly just the transition taking it's toll...

I think I probably should be a bit stressed and overwhelmed being home without a job and with no plans, as of yet, for the summer, but I'm very much at peace with life. I'm SO encouraged by all that I see here at home. There have been some major changes, but they're mostly really great.

My favorite thing to come home to has been watching my brother and his precious family. He is SO in love with his wife and his boys <-- (that's right, BOYS! PLURAL - there's TWO now! We love that extra letter!) They are such a team. Leif just gloats about her non-stop when she's not around - it's so great! Aidan is so full of life and energy and eager to help when it comes to Nolan, his baby brother, and Ava, his baby cousin. 

The neighbors are all pretty adorable. A couple across the street has a baby and knew my name before I knew theirs (as Dad had been telling them about our upcoming trip a few weeks back). The neighbor kids came to greet me last Wednesday as I was getting out of the shower, none the less. It's nice to know your neighbors. :) And, on the flip side, it's nice to be known by your neighbors.

My dear, dear friends, Katie and Hanna, have been a HUGE encouragement. They're so alive and excited about Christ and all He's done for us. It's so refreshing to spend time with them and talk about life.

Katie's parents, Ken and Lynn, have always been a cornerstone in my spiritual walk. They're solid. :) Naturally, it's wonderful to be able to spend time with them again.

And, of course, M & D... and Mollie. Mollie and I have been taking daily walks, she LOVES them (I quite enjoy them as well!) Mom and Dad are a great constant to come home to. Not much change. Dad and his markets and music in the evenings; Mom and her reading chair. It's good to be home. 

Aside from relational delights (I haven't caught up with very many people as I've been sick since I got home a week ago!) It's really nice to be back in English and to know how to get places and what to ask for at the grocery store. Although, I don't really have any money, it's really nice to go to the bank and completely understand what they're saying to me.

Iowa is BEAUTIFUL right now. It's been typical May Iowa weather: pure sunshine and 80's one day and chilly rainstorm with a high of 50 the next. The grass is green, the sky is blue, everything seem so simple and pure. Rolling hills. Straight roads. Small buildings. No frills. Straightforward and simple.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment