Saturday, September 15, 2012

rest

There is just something about this time of year that just makes me so nostalgic. 


It's been getting chillier and all I've been wanting to do is snuggle up with a blanket, cup of tea, and a good book... not to say that this is much different than most of the rest of the year, but lately, the urge has been something I can't subside. 



I found all the ingredients in my cupboard to make a chai latte, only one of my very favorite things. :)



There were additional bonuses too though! My house smelled AMAZING by the time it was brewing!!



What you'll need:


-Black Tea, I use Republic of Tea's English Breakfast

-cinnamon sticks
-cardamom pods
-nutmeg
-sugar
-coconut milk


I took about two cups of water and brought it to a boil. I then lowered the heat to a simmer and put two tea bags in the water. I let them steep for about 15 minutes with the cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg. (So wonderful to be running around the house doing laundry and such, knowing that at the end of that I'd have THIS to sit and enjoy.) Once I had all my laundry and household things to a point where I didn't need to tend to it anymore, I added enough coconut milk to create the light brown color I like best for my lattes - yours might be lighter or darker and that's just fine!) Add sugar to taste. Collect your book and blanket. Snuggle up and enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment