Saturday, November 24, 2012

live WONDERSTRUCK.


I think I've alluded a bit to the fact that 2012 has been a bit more difficult than years previous and that the challenges have really sent me into a deeper quest to seek God and His many blessings... constantly. I've learned through this year and this season, if you will, that He really is good ALL the time. He really is good even through the chaos and the hurt and the confusion. He works through these times drawing us closer to Him. He uses these times to help us fully rely on Him and learn what true surrender looks like, helping us to experience His providence and majesty first-hand.

This season has been difficult, no two ways about it, but it really, truly has left me wonderstruck.

Now, I'm a bit of a nerd and would be ecstatic if you plucked me from an ordinary day and placed me in a room full of books and sunlight. In my life, I've learned that God uses different seasons and different authors to teach me more about who He created me to be and the different things He's placed in my heart to make me truly unique and beautiful in His sight. One of the authors that have really touched me in this time is Margaret Feinberg. I first read her work in, Scouting the Divine: My Search for God in Wine, Wool, and Wild Honey. Margaret has a way of writing as if you're sitting with her over a cuppa tea. She speaks true. Her words are genuine. 

All that being said,  :)  she also has a new book and 7-session Bible Study called Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God (releasing Christmas Day)essentially, it's a personal invitation for you to toss back the covers, climb out of bed, and drink in the fullness of life. Tell me, who isn't ready for that?


It is said that Wonderstruck will help you:

·       Recognize the presence of God in the midst of your routine
·       Unearth extraordinary moments on ordinary days
·       Develop a renewed passion for God
·       Identify what’s holding you back in prayer
·       Discover joy in knowing you’re wildly loved

To learn more, watch the Wonderstruck Video, here: https://vimeo.com/53953257

Plus, it's pretty. :)

You may have picked up on this already, but I'm a bit of a dreamer and might just fall into the category of being an 'idealist', so it shouldn't surprise you when I inform you that I sometimes daydream of meeting Margaret and really sitting across the table from her, cuppa in hand and conversation flowing as if we've known each other forever... so, I have become a bit of a creeper, if you will and have gotten some sneak peeks of this book... just like Scouting the Divine Wonderstruck rings loud on my heart strings. It makes me think of things of this life in a beautiful light. I encourage you to at least look into some of Margaret's writings. You can read for yourself her snarky, funny, and inspirational posts on Twitter, Facebook, or her blog

You can learn more about her newest book by visiting www.margaretfeinberg.com/wonderstruck where she’s offering some crazy promos right now with up to $300 of free stuff. I’ve seen the book for as low as $7.57 ($14.99 retail) on Barnes & Noble for all you savvy shoppers. 


So, putting things into application, where have you seen the wonder of God in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment